Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Heading to Barcelona and the Mobile World Congress

Well, it's that time of the year again...the mobile world congress.

This year I am definitely looking forward to it: given that it is during Chinese New Year, my wife will join me and finally be able to explore Barcelona... I am unlikely to be able to explore Barcelona but at least will have her around during my birthday and Valentine's day.

The cherry on top is that we will stay at the new W Hotel. I am a big fan and this will be the 10th different W hotel I stay at. We recently had some issues at the W Hong Kong that ended up sorted after several interactions with the GM and a senior APAC VP. To be honest, they did show they care and that is all that matters. So, all and all, looking forward to the first W I visit in Europe.

Finally, looking forward to some of my local favorites, such as Moo Restaurant at the Hotel Omm, the Sagrada Familia Cathedral (yes, the one that isn't finished yet :-)), the Marina, Montjuic and its lovely (and expensive) restaurants... oh, and of course, the MWC itself. I will probably end up with a quick visit to the Hotel Arts (of course, one of my favorites) and will go for some Flamenco show (wife "oblige"). Bullfighting only in April so a no go this time, and tapas time !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment